In addition to regular den meetings and monthly pack meetings, where Cub Scouts
do and learn lots of fun
things, we schedule great
activities throughout the year. Besides Monterey Bay Trekker
hikes, camping, and other excursions, in a typical year, we do the following:
Not everyone participates in all these events, but all are welcome.
Here are some other things we do (not necessarily every year):
- Pacific Grove fire station visit
- Pacific Grove police station visit
- Kayaking in Elkhorn Slough
- Point Sur Lighthouse visit
- Recycled Raingutter Regatta (racing "boats" made of recycled materials)
- Learning first aid from a nurse or other professional
- Float Night at the Monterey Sports Center
- Animal Friends Rescue Project visit
- Beach bonfire & hot dog roast
- Bicycling excursion/bike rodeo
- Fishing outing
In addition to all this, some Cub Scouts and their families do the following activities:
- Cub Scout Day Camp (summer only)
- Cub Scout Family Camp (camping at a BSA-owned property—the whole family is welcome!)
- Cub-ON (Cub Scout Family Camp at a property run by a neighboring council)
- Cub Scout Shoot-outs (learning to enjoy archery, BB guns, and slingshots safely)
- District-wide Pinewood Derby Championship Races (Pack 125 ran the district race in 2020!)
Pack 125 loves
to camp, and we'd be happy to have you join us! Camping is a wonderful way to spend time in nature, away from electronics. Camping has proven benefits
. At Cub Camps, Scouts get to do a variety of outdoor activities, such as climbing wall, canoeing, shooting sports, swimming, crafts, fishing, nature hikes, and more (not all camps offer all activities). Parents can join the fun, or just relax around a campfire, without worrying about food—meals at family camps are prepared by professional staff in an on-site kitchen, so campers do no planning or cooking.
The BSA has put together a page of typical Cub Scout activities
. You'll find more information about the sorts of great
activities that your child can do as a Cub Scout.
You don't have to do all of these activities, but Cub Scouts and their families always have lots of fun doing them. Come join us!
Want to join the fun? Please contact us
! You can use e-mail (email@example.com), or call us at 831–204–8180.
[In the picture above: the Cub Scouts
of Pack 125
, and some of their leaders and relatives, at the end of a recent Good Old Days parade. In the picture below: the 2017 California Coastal Cleanup
patch for our council, designed by MP, a Cub Scout in Pack 125!]